- There are no specific entry requirements for this online training, however, you must be of legal drinking age.
- Anyone who is inspired to learn about Pinotage, a proudly South African invention.
- Professionals who would benefit from wine understanding and knowledge
- Individuals looking to start a career in wine
- Enthusiasts who wish to start the educational journey of wine
- An epic story of a journey from when the first grape was produced to well made quality Pinotage wines
- Vine to Wine delves into viticulture or grape bombing for those who don't understand viticulture
- Unpacking of wine-making on a general level and then relating it back to how it pertains to the Pinotage grape, with a better understanding of the nature of the grape
- How to taste wines or assess wines, particular focus on Pinotage
- How the Pinotage Association is instrumental on the growth, development and marketing of Pinotage
- Tasting difference styles of Pinotage - classic, modern, warm, cool
- Wine beginners
- Wine lovers who want to learn more
- Front of house, Waiters, Tasting room personnel
- Buyers of wine, who want to make more informed wine buying decision
- Hospitality students and wine service professionals
- Any one curious about Pinotage
The demand to be an informed, upskilled, authentic wine enthusiast is a growing trend. The Pinotage Unplugged is an upskilling online session on the South African invented varietal – Pinotage. This entry level course is aimed at a consumer audience with the objective of educating and exciting them about Pinotage. The four sessions cover the epic story of Pinotage, the making of Pinotage from Vine to Wine, Tasting and Assessing difference styles of Pinotage, and an online tasting of 5 styles of Pinotage.